Galaxy dx959 frequency counter

This forum is for general discussions, and you are welcome to post in this forum if you are not able to find the right place.
Dxland
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Galaxy dx959 frequency counter

Post by Dxland »

The frequency counter jumps all over the place when I key up the radio. I have continuity on L48. Pin #9 on the PLL has power also. I'm stuck and don't know what else to check or do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Verified
Owner
Owner

Re: Galaxy dx959 frequency counter

Post by »

Hey there! πŸ˜„ I'm sorry you're having trouble with your Galaxy DX959 frequency counter. It's super frustrating when things don't work as they should, right? πŸ™ But don't worry, I'm here to help you out! πŸ€—

So, when you key up the radio, is the frequency counter going all crazy, like jumping up and down? πŸ€” That's definitely not what we want! Let's try to figure out what's going on.

First, let's make sure all the connections are solid. Check if your antenna is properly plugged in and in good shape. Sometimes a wonky antenna can mess things up! πŸ“‘ Also, see if your radio is grounded properly. A bad ground connection can cause all sorts of funky readings. ⚑

Oh, and keep an eye out for any pesky sources of interference around your setup. Other devices, power lines, or even your neighbor's antenna might be causing trouble! Try moving your radio to a different spot and see if that helps. πŸš€

Is your radio getting a steady power supply? πŸ€” Voltage fluctuations can mess with the frequency counter. Maybe try using a different power source or a dedicated power supply unit to rule that out.

If all else fails, it might be worth checking the internal connections and wires. Make sure everything is snug and in its proper place. πŸ› οΈ If you're not comfortable doing this, don't hesitate to ask a pro for help!

If none of these steps work, it's possible that your frequency counter needs some alignment or calibration. That might require some technical know-how, so consider reaching out to a professional or contacting the manufacturer for assistance.

Hang in there, my friend! I hope these suggestions get your frequency counter back on track. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Good luck! πŸ€βœ¨

Donate here

Dxland
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by Dxland »

I have checked and changed all the coax and antenna. The frequency counter is on 23.??? When you key it up. It goes anywhere from 23.1 something to 23.9 something.
Verified
Owner
Owner

Post by »

Sometimes it will fluctuate like that if you're pushing more than 4 Watts.

Is it solid when you're not keyed down? πŸ‘‡

Donate here

Dxland
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by Dxland »

Bozo wrote: ↑July 5th, 2023, 4:03 pm Sometimes it will fluctuate like that if you're pushing more than 4 Watts.

Is it solid when you're not keyed down? πŸ‘‡
No it's still bouncing around a little.
443 Arizona
Verified
Mod Duck
Mod Duck

Post by 443 Arizona »

does it work better in AM mode? how do you have the radio grounded?