Silver Eagle 200 questions

This is the forum for asking questions about linear amplifiers or power supplies.
MusicMan
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Silver Eagle 200 questions

Post by MusicMan »

Hello!
I recently acquired a box full of old gear, and among a bunch of stuff was a Silver Eagle 200, which Google has told me is a pretty decent little linear, assuming it still works.

I’ve never had a linear before - can anyone give me a basic rundown on how to use this thing?

For example, there are two coax connectors on the back - which is input, which is output? The fuse holder is missing - what size fuse would this thing use? And - on the front, there are three rocker switches. On/Off and Hi/Lo seem pretty self explanatory, but there’s one that just says “RCVR”, and the other option is blank. What does that one do?
Anything that anyone can tell me about this will be greatly appreciated

Music Man - KAKX5267, Marion, AR
Verified
Owner
Owner

Post by »

RCVR is to increase receive of incoming reception.
Transparent (126).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Donate here

MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

You can find some info at CB Tricks on the amp, hopefully someone that has one can give you some help as to the input/output, if not I’ll give it a shot later. Fuse wise, most amps like yours had 20 amp fuses but check the schematic on the above site.

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
country29
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by country29 »

MusicMan wrote: January 7th, 2023, 5:15 pm Hello!
I recently acquired a box full of old gear, and among a bunch of stuff was a Silver Eagle 200, which Google has told me is a pretty decent little linear, assuming it still works.

I’ve never had a linear before - can anyone give me a basic rundown on how to use this thing?

For example, there are two coax connectors on the back - which is input, which is output? The fuse holder is missing - what size fuse would this thing use? And - on the front, there are three rocker switches. On/Off and Hi/Lo seem pretty self explanatory, but there’s one that just says “RCVR”, and the other option is blank. What does that one do?
Anything that anyone can tell me about this will be greatly appreciated

Music Man - KAKX5267, Marion, AR
The man that built most of those Silver Eagle and Comet linears is right down the road from you at Rays CB shop by the Petro in West Memphis.