Factory cb power lugs 17 cascadia

If you need help or advice on setting up a mobile, this forum is the perfect place to ask.
2ndString
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Factory cb power lugs 17 cascadia

Post by 2ndString »

Looking in the Cascadia manual I read that the fuse for the CB/ fleet MGM sys is 25 amps. Reading the description for the at6666 in an online add it says 'Drain:12A(with modulation)'. Any issues with using the factory lugs to power this radio? From what I gather, an amplifier will need to go to the battery. If an amp is added will the radio still be ok wired to the factory lugs (provided someone says it's cool wired that way from first question).
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Factory cb power lugs 17 cascadia

Post by MDYoungblood »

Not being up on the newer trucks I would say using those factory lugs would be fine for the radio, if you experience a lot of noise, then I would go straight to the batteries. I don't know if that circuit is switched by the ignition. Now the amp should be wired to the batteries only because then you would be sure the wiring would be large enough to handle the voltage/amperage draw.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
2ndString
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Re: Factory cb power lugs 17 cascadia

Post by 2ndString »

Got it, thanks for the reply and info. Hopefully the radio beats me to the house.