Digital modes over CB?

Need some help fixing a computer problem, or just want to share a link to a program? Do it hear... From the PC to the CB!!!
TNT1450
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Digital modes over CB?

Post by TNT1450 »

Has anyone ever tried using digital modes such as RTTY, PSK31, and the like over CB? I know way back in the mid-90's there was a big debate on the amateur radio packet BBS's over whether or not it would be legal to operate packet over CB. I don't know how many actually did, but it could be completely doable. It's quite easy to build a computer-to-radio interface and run digital mode software like Fldigi or MultiPSK. You could use an AM or SSB radio. I do it all the time on the amateur radio bands, but didn't know if that was a thing on 27 MHZ as I've never heard any digital modes there.
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

I have with Skipper 169 in La Crosse, he got big into digi on 11m, we made a few contacts using a couple different modes and only a couple of watts. I never really got into it and he went strictly ham. You can scan the 11m band and see if you can pick up any signals, Europe and the Mediterranean countries was big on digi too.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
jon6667
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by jon6667 »

it might **Censored** cbers off. dont know i dont do cb
19dt2120
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by 19dt2120 »

Here a EU guy who's doing digimode on 11M although the low sunspot cycle we making once & a while some DX .
In EU we have some other rules and the law didn't forbid us to do digimodes so that could be a reason why u could find more Digmode users here,but there are also stations in Central/South America ,Asia & Down-under !

Iff u are interested in digimode and have FB please join these or 1 of these groups : [Please login or register to view this link] [Please login or register to view this link] [Please login or register to view this link] [Please login or register to view this link]

[Please login or register to view this link]
19dt2120
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by 19dt2120 »

US CB stations are also discovering the fun and benefits of digital modes.
Will the trend continue or will it stay with the current users?