where's all the big setups?

This section is dedicated to Keydown Competition rigs and high-performance competition base setups. If you have questions or information on how to maximize a competition setup, this is the perfect place to share and discuss!
Twink
Donor
Donor

where's all the big setups?

Post by Twink »

i've been looking through here.... and i haven't found too many pics.... i wanna see pics of those BIIIIIG mobeels! i've never seen a bluegill... anyone got pics of that?
Dammit Wrongway! I drilled the freaking hole!

[ external image ]
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by »

[Please login or register to view this link]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

383 Boogieman

linx

Post by linx »

...?
Texas Mobil 219
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Texas Mobil 219 »

LOL
219 Swinging on 108'' in Texas. NO SPRINGS AND ALL STAINLESS. MFJ-1966
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
Send your signal to the world
Twink
Donor
Donor

Post by Twink »

ah ha..... ah ha ha ha..... (flooded with sarcasm) is everyone ashamed of their radios?
Dammit Wrongway! I drilled the freaking hole!

[ external image ]
Red Warrior
Donor
Donor

Post by Red Warrior »

Try this link.

What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx »

If I had a big setup I'd be proud of it but I'm still a card carrying member of the low power tribe.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
linearone
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by linearone »

Its CB radio, plug and play technology, its just not that hard folks...
Gummybear
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by Gummybear »

Redwarrior- NOW that is a BIG radio! I want that mual-u-lator board.
linearone
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by linearone »

$550 plus you have to have all the external audio gear, mics, amps etc, plus you need to supply a heatsink, case and power supply for the board plus have the knowledge to hook it all up. he sells you JUST the board.
Its CB radio, plug and play technology, its just not that hard folks...
Gummybear
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by Gummybear »

I would say what a rip. it did make a big difference though. I am not sure it is any better than an astatic mic and a quality tech doing mods to the rig for clarity. I know my cobra sounds beaver dam clean for a 29 because of all the work I let my tech do.
Red Warrior
Donor
Donor

Post by Red Warrior »

Gummybear wrote:Redwarrior- NOW that is a BIG radio! I want that mual-u-lator board.
Drop him an email. He sells them. A number of folks on the Bowl use them including Prime.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
casper9
Donor
Donor

Post by casper9 »

those are some awesome setups, the suburban with 4 antennas on it probably sounds great. but are those all cb antennas or does he have some ham sticks on there?
Free men DON'T NEED PERMISSION to bear arms...
Wile E. Coyote
Donor
Donor

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Now that is some big radio set up's. I can remember when radio's in the Jax area were alot smaller and the most power was around 10k back in 1976 when I was stationed a Jax Navy base. Boy, what a change. Nice Pics.
linearone wrote:[Please login or register to view this link]
yota167
Donor
Donor

Post by yota167 »

BIGRADIOS.COM
Yota167
Getting back in the game...
Was running fat boys, Davemade's, and TS's.
Now just wanting to set up my Kenworth t880 Roll Off truck.
yota167
Donor
Donor

Post by yota167 »

Bombero wrote:[Please login or register to view this link]
I don't get it.....(scratching my head)
Yota167
BG
Donor
Donor

Post by BG »

how can they have competitions / meetings like the ones in these pics?? where is the FCC? I don't worry about the FCC showing up at my door for my barefoot 10 meter mobile....but why arent they messing with these guys running 5000+ watts? i would never get away with it.
"Tonite there ain't no messin' around."
yota167
Donor
Donor

Post by yota167 »

BG wrote:
how can they have competitions / meetings like the ones in these pics?? where is the FCC? I don't worry about the FCC showing up at my door for my barefoot 10 meter mobile....but why arent they messing with these guys running 5000+ watts? i would never get away with it.
It's like anything really. I see lifted pickup trucks with no mud flaps, bumpers that are illegally high, engines that don't meet emission standards, the list goes on....but they never seem to get into any trouble....I ran a gigantic MM4 on one of my trucks with a Fatboy 5 pill sitting on the sit for over a year. Parked it next to cop cars from time to time. NOBODY ever said anything to me. I've been pulled over....nope nothing nadda....DOSY meter insight right next to my radio and fatboy 5 pill. I don't think they really care unless their gettting complaints.

Now ask a HAM( I shouldn't generalize sorry...some hams) that question and your going to get a totally different answer....they are gonna tell you that your going to jail for years and your house will be confiscated.
Yota167
Gummybear
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by Gummybear »

I know if I can find break list, the FCC can too. So I guess Cb breaks are not high priority. :cheers:
420Snowman

Post by 420Snowman »

BUMP!!
drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx »

I'll bump. What's considered a big setup these days? I'll assume that if you're not rolling with a 5kw carrier, you need not post? Just as in the race car/street car world, there is a difference between a real daily driver setup and a "race only" or "keydown" setup. My guess, daily driver, a few kw in a reliable package is big, but as soon as I mention it 5 people will mention how they have 10 20kw mobiles that operate everyday in their area. Many of us can volt something and come up with 5kw for a few seconds, but who's really out there talking? I'd like to see some of that myself. Talk is cheap.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
420Snowman

Post by 420Snowman »

I totally agree Dr. lets see these setups that can key 20kw and do that on a DAILY basis without burning the car or shack to the ground!!!! Come on guys, we know youre out there!!!

Snowman
420Snowman

Post by 420Snowman »

Bump
jessejamesdallas
Verified
Donor
Donor

Post by jessejamesdallas »

Gummybear wrote:I know if I can find break list, the FCC can too. So I guess Cb breaks are not high priority. :cheers:
It's not that they can't find the Key Down events...That part even a dummy could figure out.

Just guessing I don't guess you have ever been to a Key Down...

I can just see some FCC Field Agent showing up at a Key Down ready to confiscate everyones radios, and when he steps out of his car, there's a couple hundred drunk Redneck CB'ers there ready to tell him different... :mrgreen:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
420Snowman

Post by 420Snowman »

Click Click, I want to see these big radios everybody talks about!!!

Snowman