Install Advice 21 XLR 40 F-250

If you need help or advice on setting up a mobile, this forum is the perfect place to ask.
JakeWens
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Install Advice 21 XLR 40 F-250

Post by JakeWens »

Hey y’all, I have an older cobra 21 XLR 40 channel and I want to put it in my pickup, I have a 1992 Ford F-250. I’ve had it for a while and I’ve got it figured out in terms of power supply and location in the truck, but, I wanted to know some recommendations for antennas and aux cables as where as set up of the antenna and such. I’d like to mount my antenna on the back of my cab, I have a headache rack on my truck and I’d like to go between the rack and my cab with the majority of the antenna sticking above the cab as I assume it needs to be to get proper reception. Any advice and help is greatly appreciated. I have the user manual from CB tricks but I’d like to get some solid recommendations on what to use with it and how to set it up. Thanks in advance everyone
JFO
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by JFO »

I would guess ur best choice would be mount to the top or side at the top of your headache rack. You want all or at the min most of your antenna clear from obstruction or you will get high swr readings and poor performance. And if u are using a fiberglass like a firestick. I recommend a spring base mount to aloe antenna to bend and not break from obstacles. Hope that helps!